Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Poem #5

Odd Ball Out


So, I don't in bars belong
Not allowed to tag along

Forgotten, Overlooked

I may be

But safe I will stay
From the clutches of addiction
From trepidation
to calmation

I will remain
Always the same

Seems I am isolated
Somewhat abated

Never included
will remain silent, secluded

You fear the Word
the illusion of strict reign,
a prison of catechism.

The wisdom
would only God be

narrow-minded you are
to assume He,
no playful peace
can impact.

Well, I will remain the same.

Always here, my friendship
is to claim

But you take your bars,
your shallow hearts
and find comfort there

Don't let me be a burden
from which you despair

You assue
I would only bring gloom.

No fuss, all fun.

Right!!?

No silly downer
No God's Word reader... God greeter

Surely, she won't sip
the brew
or won't swing her hips.

Can't be tranquil
to be with me.

How WRONG you see!

Take the easy way
Relax
Find another match.

Always the same

I will remain.

Written 6/28/2008

No comments: