Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Poem #6


Different Colors of Me


Colors of Life


How do you compare...


Moments of Purple Orchid Bliss

to those of Lemon-Sour Yellow Remiss?


Blue is sky-up

Blue is sorrow-down


So out of the green greed

in lukewarm confusion and hazy

orange doubt

I sometimes frown.


If I were a color

what would I be?


Sandstone or burnt sienna

to wear over me

Maskin' me into the background


Surrounded by Periwinkles of Bright Red.


Or should I bold be

in Platinum Copper Gold

you silver-lined for me?


Different my reflections

in the aqua pool, I see...


Eyes of Forrest, Sepia-Fleckled Green

Cheeks of rose pink

A nose of point peach

Mulberry-lined lips of moist magenta...

.....................

Hair... of indian red....

hi-lighted with mahogany.


In the glimmering waves of my reflection....


These are the many colors I see.


So how can I pick which

color is me?


Blackhearted to FLESH RED

Lightly on the raw sienna

steps I tred...


To, slowly, my chosen color find.


Thru my tie-dyed rainbow world,

I will navigate.


And find my plum peace

For it is purple I will pick!


Too many shades of gray

should cause my heart

to coal-black stay.


So, I must my purple place take,


In this ROY G. BIV world.


Written 6/29/2008

1 comment:

Irene Latham said...

I like you "tie-dyed rainbow world." I left something for you at my site... come see!